Virtual Muscle Walk Event Schedule of Events- September 5, 2020
All events will take place on MDA Team Momentum Instagram Live/Story unless noted in schedule. You can follow MDA Team Momentum on Instagram by searching for @MDAteammomentum. All schedule times are EST. Please note, you do not need to have an Instagram account to tune in. if you do not have an account and want to join in, on your computer, go to Instagram.com and search @MDAteamomentum at the scheduled time. To watch, click on the little circle next to the MDA Team Momentum Account.
Schedule is subject to change, please check back to confirm finalized events
- 9:00 AM- Virtual Muscle Walk Kickoff Walk with MDA National Ambassador Tana Zwart
- Join MDA National Ambassador Tana Zwart as her and Tana’s Bananas gather for a socially distanced team walk.
- 9:30 AM- Fireside Chat with Amy & Jamie Shinnemman
- Join MDA State of Indiana Ambassador Amy Shinneman and her husband Jamie as they talk about being diagnosed with neuromuscular disease as an adult and how they have come together to complete a marathon together as a push chair duo team and raise funds for MDA. Amy who lives with Bethlem myopathy and Jamie will talk about how they found a running chair and how it has changed their perspectives on life and running. This is a can’t miss for all.
- 10:30 AM- Harley “Kickstands Up” at MDA Ride for Life Event in Pennsylvania
- MDA Ride for Life, the single, largest purpose-driven Harley-Davidson fundraising ride in the world, is celebrating its 33rd year as a fundraiser, and unprecedented first year as a virtual event. Tune in as the kickstands go up and the ride starts!
- 11:00 AM- Yoga with an MDA Family led by Sarah Smith. Beginners Welcome
- Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist and Certified Yoga Teacher Sarah Smith will lead in an awesome Yoga session from her house in Maine. Sarah’s fiancé Keegan and his father Tim both have Muscular Dystrophy. Keegan’s sister Elisabeth is a former MDA Summer Camp Counselor and works at Nationwide Children’s Hospital on a research team focusing on DMD. Look for Sarah to get you moving and inspired.
- 12:00 PM- Awesome Aerobics for All led by Jackson Everything - This session will be streamed on Jackson's YouTube and Muscle Walk pages
- MDA all-star Jackson Epstein is back with us for another installation of Jackson Everything. Jackson who lives with CMD will take some of his skills learned from his Physical Therapy Team at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and be sure to get everyone moving. Jackson has been involved with MDA his entire life, enjoys Summer Camp and participated in the 2019 Rock N Roll Philadelphia Half Marathon as part of Team Momentum.
- 2:00 PM- Chair Yoga for All with former MDA Camp Counselor and DMD Caregiver Tawny Martin
- Tawny is a former MDA Summer Camp Counselor, Yoga Instructor RYT 200 + chair yoga, DMD Caregiver and all-around MDA Superhero. Tawny looks to get everyone of any ability moving, so no matter your ability, join in and get moving with Tawny
- 3:00 PM- Virtual Muscle Walk Celebration
- This is your time to celebrate! Grab your families and schedule your teams to watch the Virtual Muscle Walk Celebration Party. Culminating an epic first ever virtual Muscle Walk and an amazing fundraising season, MDA National Ambassador, Justin Moy hosts an Instagram Live Celebration event with planned attendees from around the country including top fundraising families, IAFF partners and Instagram influencer Jennifer Sierra who lives with SMA.